Saturday, April 30, 2016

Happy 9 months!



                  


Happy 9 months para mi princesa! The best part of having a "flowy-dress" is being able to play it with it right? She will crawl every way except forward. She loves to stand holding on to something. She is wanting to start using her legs and putting one foot in front of the other when we hold her up.
Her two front upper teeth seem to be wanting to make an appearance. It has not been as tough as when she got the bottom teeth. Maybe it's because we know what to expect and we are more prepared for it. She loves loves loves the water and so do I. Mainly because after pool time she loves to take an afternoon nap; and I get to catch up on my reality tv :) and chores of course.

Olivia had her first playdate here in Florida. She loved it. She was exhausted and had a four hour nap right after. I was checking on her every hour to make sure she was ok; because this never happens. She will nap once in the morning and once in the afternoon for 1 hour and a half to two hours. So, naturally I am trying to schedule a playdate every single day. For her benefit of course. She still sleeps thru the night (12 hours). She is discovering her love for other food besides sweet potatoes.

As for me, well I am very thankful to be finding mama friends with babies the same or close in age as Olivia. Seeing her interact with other babies is so much fun.
If you are a stay at home mom I highly recommend you go out there and find other moms that you can hang out with. Even for working moms, it is really nice to talk to someone that is going through the same thing as you are.

I am not shy about making friends. This was very important to me when we were thinking about moving; since I don't know anyone else but my sister and her husband here in Florida. I want to make friends, but more importantly I want to be friends with other moms.
It is so nice to be able to have someone to relate to. Mom community is the best.
If you have moved to another city or if you don't have any mom friends, don't be scared to put yourself out there. Some of the things you can do are: join a "mommy and me" class, join a Facebook group or go to "meet-up"and find some groups that you are interested in. Trust me this will save your sanity. Husbands and boyfriends are great and they are awesome supporters, but let's face it we as women need other women.
I am thankful to be meeting some amazing women that I get to call friends.

Thanks for reading, until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment